THE PROCESS OF PUBLISHING YOUR GRAPHIC NOVEL WITH TRIMARK PRESS
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
TriMark Press is establishing a new imprint for graphic novels! Works submitted to TriMark Press must be original, well-developed, and high-quality for teen, young adult, or adult readers. Whether it is historical nonfiction or science fiction, TriMark Press is open to receive any genre. The minimum page length requires 24 pages, but the editorial team is open to negotiate the amount of pages needed!
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE
Write a proposal letter introducing yourself and include a summary of your story with samples of your graphic novel or comic. Send three pages of sequential art work (PDF) or a link to your web comic. Our staff wants to see if you are able to constructively weave scenes, dialogue, and character actions. Black and white or colored pages are accepted. Stories including diverse experiences are highly recommended.
IN WHAT SIZE
Every graphic novel and comic is unique, but there are standard sizes and formats for these mediums to be published in. Set and save your images at 300 dpi and 8.5 x 11 inches.
WHO SHOULD SUBMIT PROJECTS TO US
Someone who knows the ins and outs of creating high-quality comics or graphic novels. If you are a novice creator or creative team, then don’t feel shy! TriMark Press’ editorial team is open to see what you can offer.
1. Book Size
TriMark Press provides a variety of standard sizes to accommodate the presentation of your graphic novel. The sizes available include:
- 5 x 8 in
- 5.5 x 8.5 in
- 6 x 9 in
- 8.5 x 8.5 in
- 8.5 x 11.0 in
2. Book Binding and Page Count
Books printed by TriMark Press have perfect binding. Perfect binding or adhesive binding is a conventional method in which glue attaches pages along the book’s spine. Hardcover and softcover books are available for selection.
The number of pages within the graphic novel, quality of paper, color or black & white printing and number of books produced all factor into pricing.
4. Graphic Novels in Color
In order for TriMark Press to print graphic novels in color, the image size, resolution and
color space must meet the following requirements:
- Image Size & Resolution– All images must be at least 300 DPI or Dots Per Inch. If TriMark Press receives images less than 300 DPI, then illustrated pages will appear pixilated in the final print.
- Color Mode – RGB or red/green/blue is the common color space that allows you to view images displayed on screens. Screens on digital cameras or iPads requires backlight for RGB images to be visible. In the case of printing graphic novels, the color mode needed is CMYK or Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black. Therefore, CMYK color is highly recommended to use because printed books do not rely on backlight.
Please acknowledge that the files you submit must meet the following requirements:
• All images are to be at least 300 DPI.
• All images must be original. If copyrighted content is featured, then provide proof of permission from the copyright holder in order to avoid infringements.
• All images must fit the margins of your book.
After compiling the requested items, please send the files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call TriMark’s main office number at 561-953-1777 or 800-889-0693.